Let’s talk beach clubs 🏝
What is a beach club, and why do you want one?
- Your hotel is not on the beach
- You want to hang out in a beach chair and be served food & drinks
There are rules you need to know about beach clubs
They are not FREE, a business owns what is called a concession, they have the rights to a certain part of the beach. This is where it gets confusing. Aren’t all beaches in Mexico public? Well, yes they are, but all those comfy chairs and beach beds, pool, & restroom facilities belong to a business. You can’t have those for free 🙂
There are 3 ways that a business charges for the use of their facilities on the beach.
- There are a some beach clubs that will charge you an All-inclusive package that includes food & drinks, chairs and access to all the facilities they have to offer.
- Some will charge you a set amount to use a chair plus whatever you purchase in food & drinks, but a purchase is not necessary. You may be able to bring your own food & drinks – I always ask first.
- Some will charge you for the chair and put the amount you paid for the chair towards your purchases.
- The last way is to let you occupy the chair and use their facilities for a minimum purchase.
Some will charge more for chairs to be in the front row, closest to the water, if you want an unobstructed view, get there early!
Can you enjoy the beach without renting a chair?
Of course you can! Bring your beach towel or blanket, bring your own portable beach chair and find a spot on the beach not occupied by chairs.
Tip: We always buy a drink or 2, maybe a snack from a nearby beach club so we can use their restroom.
Enjoy your time in the ☀️